Thursday, March 1, 2012

Movies 66-72

Now there are rules to this. simple rules but rules. I can watch any type of movie. Action, Drama, Documentary, Comedy, or my favorite Horror, well not Horror I guess Stupid Horror is the best way to describe it. I have lots of nights with my friends watching movies that are well interesting. I have to count a movie if i Watched over half of it. Because lets face it, some movies aren't worth finishing. Also the most important Rule. It has to be new to me. I could not have seen this movie before. So you won't catch any repeats on my list. If you want to find a certain movie you will have to go back through blogs, because I won't be covering it again. This makes the blog a little wishy washy, because I watch movie's from all eras, I haven't been good with old movies yet, but that's why I do this list so that I can do old movies when I have time. I have a huge list of Older Classics that i need to get too. I also don't count remakes, If I get the new Star Wars DVD's I won't count them as new movies, I have seen them.

Ok Rules over. I base them on a scale of 0 being horribly unwatchable to 5 which is add this to your collection. So the scale is officially below. If you want to see it again you will have to search through my blogs to find it. Which I encourage you to read last years movies there were some great ones in there. So Scale.
0.) If a Movie gets a zero than it's not even really out there at all. It doesn't breath the movie air.

1. )Don't watch this. Even if someone says it wasn't that bad, they are trying to trick you into wasting your life as they did. Don't WATCH THIS MOVIE. EVER. EVER.

2.) This movie has a few redeeming factors, you wouldn't be wasting your time, but I don't recommend you seeing this.

3.) It's ok. There is nothing stand outish about it, it's a run of the mill movie, but hasn't quite made it to the film category. Maybe you should even stop by a redbox or put it in your Queue.

4.) It's good, not great, I suggest this movie overall to anyone who would like to watch it. I think the Movie has what it takes. Rent it, Buy the DVD, I wouldn't run out and get the Blu-ray or Special editions though. But by all means go see this movie.

5.) HOLY CRAP THIS MOVIE IS AWESOME!! No Flaws outright, and you should most definitely add this to your collection, because no collection is complete without it. You Should Not Turn Down a Chance To See This.


Ok, so I have to admit my four and five's tend to tick people off. Some of my 3's people thought were wonderful. I don't give out a lot of fives. If it's a four, that means I really liked it. So if you see one of your movies that you adore with a three or a four. (that rhymed) I just don't think it's amazing quality. Still really good, but not stand out from the crowd good. More Pro Wrestling Movies along this timeline. Again, if that's not your deal feel free to skip them over.

(66) A Giants World (2010)
This follows the life and career of one massive guy. I have been a fan of his for years and years. I remember when he was first brought into the biz with WCW. He was brought in by a rouges gallery and was brought in to KILL HULKAMANIA once and for all. Great story line that was, Kevin Sullivan as the Dungeon master. Really good they lots of great people in that Dungeon of Doom or something along that lines. I met this guy once, I didn't really follow him that closely until after I met him. He was so Massive, I'm a big guy well, normal kinda of a fatty. 5 foot 10 250 or so, I have been that way for years. Anyway, I meet this guy and his freaking hand is bigger than my entire head, So big. The thing is you would expect this guy to be kinda grumpy but in fact he was such a nice guy. The Documentary goes into that, how this guy has always been a goofy guy and has a great since of Humor. He is just Massive. This did a good job, giving us a back story and letting you in on a little bit of his life as a kid and how he has grown up it gives you some good insight from his mother and wife. This was a good Biography documentary. It had lots of good in ring action as well, It was long but had a nice pace. The Big Show or The Giant or Paul whatever you want to call him in highly entertaining in the Pro Wrestling world and would make a good punching bag in comedies. As far as a professional Wrestling Documentary They don't normally do a very good job that being said, this was not only well done but had some decent scientific stuff about this guys medical condition that made him so big. So in that case given all of the stuff it covered and how well they did this one. I give it a 4 out of 5.

(67) Hobo with a Shotgun(2011)
Another Magnet Film makes my list. That reminds me I need to check their website to see what's new. you should too. This one is of course super violent anything that has With a Shotgun in the title you should probably expect it to be a little bit violent. This movie gives you exactly what you would think. It's a crappy town, terrible town, Think Gotham without Batman Violent. Then enter in a Hobo from out of Town who wants to set things right. However, the town is so violent that almost the entire town is against him except for.... A Prostitute. I mean the guy is just trying to collect enough cans to buy a lawnmower, but no these people had to pick a fight. Well, he ended it. If you are in the mood for a cheesy movie with no real plot, but plenty of over the top exaggerated violence, with a touch of crappy but not super crappy special effects than this I recommend for you. It's the perfect thing to watch if you have a book you wanna read or a girl you want to make out with, or you just don't want to think to hard. 3 dusty old lawnmowers out of 5.

(68) Insidious (2010)
That brings us to another Movie night with the guys. The first one we watched because Dustin recommended it because none of us had seen it. It was well done, the story progression was a descent pace, the actual plot wasn't terrible. The makeup was cheesy but not Magnet Cheesy, not that there's anything wrong with Magnet cheesy because there is not whatsoever. This only had a few good moments though, not enough to carry the whole movie. I'm afraid a few quick hits just didn't do it for me. I am ok with a slow steady build up, but then I need a real scare. This only had one, then it kind of desensitized you to the Demon, which isn't good if you are going to have to face him eventually. Then it made it a family thing which made it that much less of a scare. It's not bad though. If you aren't a horror movie aficionado then you will probably loose some sleep, but for us pros it left us wanting a little more. Now that being said it's going to be a little hard to scare me when I am hanging out with my friends, but on several occasions in large groups I had my wits scared out of me. Troll Hunter, Paranormal Activity, The Grudge, and Taking Woodstock all scared the daylights out of me. (Taking Woodstock because Gays terrify me) So I give this a 3 Hey Darth Maul, go pick on a Jedi and stop stalking that little boy you pedophile out of 5

(69) Martyrs (2008)
So I call up my buddy Chris Zwart and I ask him, Hey the guys and I we are going to have a little get together play some games watch some movies what would be good for that. His Answer this french movie Martyrs, I felt like it raped my soul a little. So guess what, we followed that and went with it. Much like was anticipated, it was just horrifyingly upsetting. Sometimes, movies just do stuff that you can't expect. Then from there they tend to get worse. and then the go just a little further. This was the Car wreck on the interstate, this was the dead squirrel in the road that you poked and prodded as a child. This was made by Satan himself. I don't want to dive to deep into the plot in case you want to watch it, but basically. Everything you can think of being done to someone that you hate, this is it. I couldn't look away. I didn't like it. I didn't want to watch. I watched every second that I could stand. I finished it. What I saw was unbelievable. The whole point of the movie was about to be made and then they didn't give it to you. I watched. The Minnick Brothers watched. I still don't know exactly what happened, I have a feeling. It was brutal. Start to finish. It was 2 hours of my mind telling my eyes to look away and my eyes saying NO, NO I'M WATCHING THIS. My mind was so pissed off at my Eyes and ears after this movie they didn't speak for weeks. If you are a film buff, and want something to truly make you stare at the screen and ask yourself, Why? Why? Watch this. Then call me. 1 out of 5 our 4 out of 5 or 3 out of 5. This movie is beyond rating. I'll stick with a 2 out of 5.

(70) Paper Heart
I like these people so when they set out to do a documentary on love, well a mocumentary on love, I decided I must see it. As much as I make fun of Michael Cera on this blog and how he doesn't do anything but be himself on camera and then get paid for acting, and how I think that is stupid and he does the exact same person for whatever role he is playing, I have to admit I pretty much like him overall. He entertains me. I loved arrested development. I liked super bad. So on and so forth. This eh.... not so much. Charlyne Yi I like as well, she is the main focus here in this movie and they follow her because she doesn't believe in love. Is love real. Like another unsaid Asian woman she kinda killed love for me in this. What is with that? I really wanted to like this, I am a fan of Charlyne and I think she is magic and wonderful and funny. This just wasn't that good. It wasn't. I'm sorry. It just wasn't that good. It wasn't funny, it had no point and it never ended. I'm sorry Charlyne but I have to give you a 1 out of 5.

(71)Daybreakers (2009)
Alright Ethan Hawke gets another chance at leading man. This didn't do to well in the theaters but man it looked good. The Trailers looked good the movie posters. The plot line sounded ok. Basically vampires are ruling the world and have a fake blood substitute that they can't really sustain themselves on and have to have real human blood. They have harvested the humans and have them in like a storage tank, but the humans are all dying. When the shortage gets serious vampires everywhere start going nuts. They also turn into a mutant bat creature, Think Manbat from batman. So they need to find a fix for this. The lead Vampire played by none other than Ethan Hawke has found a cure not just for the blood and sustenance problem, but a cure for Vampirism altogether. William Dafoe figured it out. Guess what though. It's not a popular thing and the humans are hunted down to be harvested. This of course is an issue. Battles enrage and what happens well you will have to watch it. Special effects not bad. Acting B movie with a little extra. Plot didn't have a lot of holes and the running time was descent. Not great overall, but not bad. 3 out of 5.

(72) Bitiful (2010)
Another Spanish Movie on my list whats this make.... 1. yeah... HAHA, Second European movie in this blog post though. so that's not bad. I suck at this. Anyway, this movie was great. I cried oh how I cried. This father tries so hard to get his life in order because he is so sick and then bad thing after horrible thing after worse thing happens. He tries to do something good for people and Oh my gosh did I cry. This is a modern day Job character. So much goes wrong and he just keeps trying and it oh man. I cried. Javier is just breath taking in this. His love for his children, he is tough on the streets and he is smart and bad luck just keeps smacking him around. Then Maricel Alvarez just knocks her role out of the park, It's like she is that character in real life. She is only in like four things so she might actually be, I'm not sure, but man oh man was it a great performance from all who were involved. So good, from start to finish. 5 YUM JAVIER's out of 5. That's right I have a crush on him, so what did you see him in Eat, Pray, Love. What a MAN!!!! HAHAHA.


Odd number to stop on, but eh... I gotta go cook Anne dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment