Tuesday, January 1, 2013

All The Way to Half Way.

Introduction. Blah Blah. Movies. I watch em I rate em. The End really. Not like anyone actually reads this bull anyway. I watch 100 movies a year I haven't seen before then I blog about them. I do this a lot. Why. I don't know really to torture myself. I like being mean to myself. Everyone is too me on a daily basis so I might as well join the club and put my self down and stop believing in myself too. I mean Who Am I really. Nobody. I suck SO BAD. I wish someone would just make me stop. I can't though.... ON with the movies.

(44) Paul (2010)
Just so we are on the same page. Yes 43 was Prometheus. Which means I followed up an Alien movie, with yes and Alien movie. I think they were a little different though. I really am a huge fan of Simon Pegg and I am really glad he is doing so well. I have a few things to Address in this movie other than the obvious. I watched the Unrated version of this. I really enjoy watching the Unrated versions. Not because they offer more fart jokes, nudity or curse words, but because Unedited to me means that it's in its form that Movie would like to have been but had to change a few things to make sure they get passed Big Brother and his ratings. So yes I don't care about ratings. Which is probably a really bad thing. I don't actively seek out movies that I shouldn't watch. Just movies that are Hilarious in a sick way. This wasn't one of them. It was Hilarious in a Hilarious way. There were times where I laughed so hard I cried. It was actually a little deep at times and really pointed out how out of touch people have become with whats around them. It has an All Star Cast. Including an Amazing Surprise Star at the End. Seriously when you can get Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Seth Rogen, Jason Bateman, Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig all in one place how do you resist. Easy. Give in, don't resist. Watch it. I did. Pot Jokes and immature jokes aside it was a rewarding experience. 5 out of 5





(45) Hanna (2011)
Hanna was a movie I looked forward too. A Young girl as a trained Killer. It had potential written all over it. Plus, The Hulk was training her. Well, it was Eric Banna but whatever, Cate Blanchett is in this as well. There are some great action moments though out, but nothing over whelming. Ultra Violent for sure which is why it was given the R rating and it is fun so see big government agents get snatched up and owned by a young lady just trying to get to Candy Land or where ever it was she ended up. It was not bad. The plot ended up being a lot weaker than I anticipated. Which was brutal. I had my expectations set high and like life itself. Hanna let me down. 3 out of 5.

(46) Rio (2011)
 Yes, That is three movies in a row with a single word title. No, it wasn't on purpose. Yes, I did notice it while I was writing them down in my Journal. Seriously, This is my blog stop asking questions and let me work through these. Fine, One last question. No. Rio was fun. I love kids movies because the plot is straight forward, the good guy wins and it's always cute and cuddly. The voice casting was really fun. Some of the best voices in Hollywood bless this movie with their voices. Leslie Mann, Kelly Keaton, Wanda Sykes, Jamie Foxx, and Tracy Morgan. Unfortunately you have to listen to the weasel voice of Jesse Eisenberg. I like Eisenberg in almost all that he does. His voice is a bit weasely though. I hadn't noticed before because I like the Pissed off I wish I had the guts to go on a murdering spree look he holds behind his eyes. Anne Hathaway is also here. No Comment. George Lopez is here too. I like Lopez and I feel really sorry for him. Why? Conan O'Brien Lenoed him. Conan says I won't move back and Hour It's not cool I'm leaving you NBC. He then goes to TBS and moves Lopez back and Hour which lead to the cancelling of Lopez's show. Not that I knew Lopez had a show before Conan went to TBS, but still. The Movie itself offered an ok pace. Good laughs. silly fun. exactly what you expect from a kids movie. It didn't offer anything good though, nothing stand out special about this. therefore it only earns a 3 out of 5.





(47) Chris Jericho: Brekaing the Code (2010)
Chris Jericho. A wrestler who transcended Little guy to big guy. The First Undisputed Heavy weight Champion. Why would I bother watching a huge documentary on him. Well. He Trained with the Harts. That's cool. He then went on to become a Legend in Mexico. When The Monday Night Wars were going on in the Epic 90's era in Wrestling he was one of the First to make the Big Jump. He was the LionHeart in WCW. Under used. I remember his Jump. It was EPIC as far as epicness goes in the wrestling industry. On WWF Raw and Smackdown. Months go by it was right around the time of Y2K and the whole Scare over that. So This Massive Countdown Started and It would interrupt randomly throughout all of the shows. It could be mid match and this countdown would go off. It could be mid Pay per view main match and the attention would be drawn away by the countdown. So you expected something Epic to happen. Something Game changing. On Raw "The Rock" was running his mouth right around the time the countdown counted down to zero. Everyone expected something. Then Y2J blasted across the Screen and Fireworks went crazy to reveal. Chris Jericho and WCW mid carder. So good. So comedic. The Rock response was Who the Hell are You? HAHAHA then Jericho got beat up. Best switch from company to company of all time. Way better than the NWO thing. Why? because it was wrestling making fun of itself. Building up something epic to just have it fizzle out almost immediately. All in All it broke the Terrible film making of the WWE for me. They finally broke format. This might have pre dated the terrible ones. I'm not sure. Let me check..............Nope Same year as the OMG and 5 years after the Undertaker one. I have more of the Wrestling ones to come. A lot actually. Sorry. 3.4 out of 5.



(48) Trick 'R' Treat (2008)
Do you like Horror movies? Do you like movies with fun Twist? How about movies that have several different plot points that intertwine? How about just Epic horror at it's best? If you said Yes to any of these. This is your movie. That creepy little guy to the left of my babble is one of the iconic horror figures in the world. Why. This movie. Anyone Famous here. Not really. Unless you like the X-men movies and recognize rogue or you watch True Blood and recognize her from that. This movie was your typical movie where you thought you knew what was happening just to have it ripped out from under you. Nothing was as it seemed. It would play on the people like myself that would try and figure out where the movie was going so that you could say something like " I called it!!" Then it would give the off put scenario to you. Let you feel all smart and amazing just throw a curve ball laced with razor blades at your pride and shred it to bits as it gave you something else. This movie as far as Horror goes. It doesn't get better than this. AT ALL. It had funny moments. Tense moments. Jumpy moments. It gave you everything that you want from a Horror flick. One of the best I have ever seen. 5 out of 5

















(49) Ted. (2012)
I must have watched this trailer about  a dozen times. When it came time to see the movie I was ready. My favorite story about this movie was one about a mom who saw the movie poster that was just Ted sitting at a computer and took her son to see this. Then almost immediately left. Not without complaining. Which Spawned this movie poster that I have up. It was filthy. No taste. at all. BUT HILARIOUS  Thunder Buddies is priceless. The stuff on the Rug and Mila Kunis cleaning it up. I cried. This just went everywhere I wanted it too. So wrong but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO right. Like eating the last ice cream sandwich in the break room because you heard someone else mention that it was the last one and they were going to get when they came back from lunch. Sorry Lance. That was me. Oh and it was delicious. By the way Lance if you are reading this. I loved how the season turned out for the Jets in 2012. Lets hope we get more of the same. Always good when every Friday for the entire season you see the Jets QB run into his own lineman and drop the ball and have the patriots score off of it. It won Not top 10 of 2012. Amazing. Just like this movie. It looses a few points for going places it shouldn't have and the run time was at least 30 minutes too much. 4.1 (Darth Vader theme ringtone for the girlfriend) out of 5.

(50) Jeff who lives at Home (2012)
I watched this because I love Jason Segel. Mainly from "How I met your Mother." He is just so love able. He doesn't fail here. He follows a premonition that he needs to figure out what he needs to be doing. This leads him out to buy some stuff for his mom. Which leads him after Kevin. He meets up with his brother and ends with a great family scene. This is warm. Heartfelt. Odd. Funny and sublime. Anne didn't like it. I did. 4 out of 5


Half way done. For goodness sake's Why can't I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment