Monday, April 5, 2010

Batman: Gotham County Line (Non-Spoiler)



Gotham County Line is a Batman Horror 3 book title. Steve Niles does a nice job imagining a new case for Batman. I didn't like his motive of travel. I just think Batman would do that, but to each their own. That part threw me off a little to be honest it was more Batman the Brave and Bold Instead of Horror.
Horror is definitely the route taken here. It's vivid and Alive thanks to Scott Hampton. The direction here is Batman meets Resident Evil, slash 28 days later. so basically this is a Batman vs. Zombie feel. This isn't giving anything away, because It's the basic storyline. I like the Guest appearances from many Batman's friends past and present. Niles worked them in periodically and it wasn't just name dropping. I like that when it makes since that this person would show up to help. It's good when that happens, It wasn't a cop out either, I hate it when comics are dire and then the writer put's Superman just happened to drop by and find Bruce dying on the ground and whips butt. It's lame, but Niles doesn't do that. He works them in perfectly and the story is seamless. The Art is a little rough, but I like it overall, I enjoy the rough work from time to time. It wasn't intolerable and it was perfect for the story at hand. great job guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment