Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Movies of 2012 56-60. Plus big news.

Ok. So Movie blog. Run down. I watch 100 movies I haven't seen before a year. Then I blog about them. I rate them a simple 0-5 scale. 0= bad 5= good. Not exactly complicated. Currently I am running a contest with sweet sweet prizes. It isn't going so well. All you have to do is send me in some manner something to do with you and Aquaman. I have 2 entries thus far for 20 prizes. Not exactly what I was looking for. So. I am going to lay down some rules and information about the contest. Its aquaman people. print out a picture of him and take a pic of it. Heck hold your laptop or phone up to your face and take a pic with him. anything would do. Deadline time. When I finish the 2012 movies. I will hit 60 on this blog which means you have another 40 movies to get your entry in. I don't know how long that will take. Considering, I do this in my spare time, when I feel like it. Which, isn't that often. Another stipulation. You can only win one prize and that prize will be determined with a random drawing. Which means. If you have entered you can win. HOWEVER, you can enter as many times as you want. So, the more you send in. The more you can win. It also means that if you only send in one, you could potentially not win at all. Not that I am looking to get hundreds of entries. Because, lets face it. 3 months in and I have 2 entries. So. Here is the Big news. Once I reach the end of 2012. That's it. I'm not doing this anymore. I will still randomly blog. However, I'm not putting in the time. It was fun. It's not now. That's what it boils down too. So on with the movies.


(56) Skateland (2010)
This movie took me by surprise. I was told to watch it by someone. I don't remember. What I do remember is how good the settings were. The Roller rink, the 80's fast food restaurant, the feel of the movie itself felt like it belonged in the classics from that era. The overall storyline was brilliantly carried out. It was your typical high school story arc. Seniors graduating and not knowing what to do with there lives. It felt a lot like Dazed and Confused. However, this plot gave us a few more adult situations. It revolves around a Skate rink that is closing and the protagonist love of the Rink. It has the older guy moving home because things didn't work out. Lots of Drinking and shenanigans to make you laugh. Plus, a rat pack of douche bags that cause trouble. Which leads to a brilliant display of pure badass action on roller skates. A shocking turn of events around the 3/4 mark, will blow your mind because you never see the curveball coming.  I ended up crying like sissy again. The movie does run a bit long, but with these types of movies the character building the long run time gives you adds to the overall shock when it hits you later on. It doesn't have any star appeal, but that doesn't mean Shiloh Fernandez and company don't deliver. The Run time does get in the way. Lots of down time in the film which really takes away from it. 3.5 out of 5.

(57) Leviathan (1989)
This is one of the biggest surprises. Much like the Original the Fog. It's absolutely amazing. If you are a fan of Alien monster movies you will like this one. A work crew underwater finds an organism. I have to say there is no possible way the makers of the Video Game Deadspace didn't see this movie. Lots of inspiration for the monsters in that game look a whole lot like the Monsters in this movie. Deadspace is one of the best Horror games of all time It's third installment come out in 2013. This movie is just as good as that game. The acting was perfect 1980's over reacting. Perfect type casting you had the mad scientist, hard asses, horny guy, tough girl. Perfect Horror movie writing. It has a perfect run time. The drama of the underwater and the pressure of the crushing sea made for wonderful scenarios. There was a few things that stood out as not so great, at times the puppettering was below par. Not sure I spelled that right. I don't like it when a movie draws you and doesn't deliver on what it draws you in for. Once or twice it draws you in for some real Hard Gore and it flashes away for a blood splatter, but it was the 80's and they probably weren't allowed to show what I wanted to see. Bottom line here is if you want a quality monster flick that will make you jump, cringe, and laugh. This one dear friends is for you. It had a really STUPID shark scene at the end that you have to ignore. 4.5 out of 5. If you want to watch this movie, Netflix is streaming it. Find it in a bargain bin. ORRRRRR. BAM.



Watch it here. Now. Right off my blog. The good thing about old movies is that they are regularly available to you.  This one is lost along the way, but its every bit as good as the The Thing, Aliens, Predator, or any other monster film from the era.

(58) Thor: Tales of Asgard (2011)
Most Dc and Marvel animation puts their live action to shame. Which is saying something for the Marvel franchise because lets face it Iron man, Thor, Captain America and the Avengers are all massive hits and even I awarded them good scores. DC on the other hand..... Lets not look at Green Lantern and Rises again. Tales of Asgard was ok. It didn't jump out like a few of the others. It did give us Thor as a Young man and his typical Holier than thou attitude, some really good Thor and Loki fighting side by side as kids. The Animation was good, Run time ok. It was a run of the Mill Animation from Marvel. Which by the way scores high on my list. A Run of the Mill for Marvel is a 4 out of 5.

(59) God Bless America (2012)
Magnet Releasing has yet another on my list. For those of you whom follow my blog know my love hate for the Magnet Releasing company. Rubber, Troll Hunter (which won my movie of the year in 2011) amongst  many other have made it on my watch list. This one after seeing the Trailer made it quickly to the top of my watch list. Bobcat Goldthwait directed this. If you grew up when I did you know Bobcat from his Police academy role as the Spastic Zed. However, he is actually a comedic Genius, scratch that Genius in general. This movie was the first time in a long time that a movie made me feel bad for how I feel. Not that I felt those things, but because the movie gave me a sympathetic feel. If it weren't a bad thing to go on a killing rampage because America is full of Honey boo boo, Cake Boss, MTV which doesn't stand for Music anymore, Kardashian retards then I would do it. I hate popular america. If anyone says that the majority of America is actually smart and understands how to take care of themselves and be nice to people then you are just incredibly wrong. Go to a Mall. Watch people. People in America are by far the worst, foul mouthed, Idiotic, down trodden, Lazy, Falsely entitled Jerks on the face of the planet. Don't believe me? Go out into public. Open your eyes and look around. Watch Teenagers bump into stuff because they are checking status's on their phone. Watch parent's coddle rudeness. I'm not saying everyone out there is a Jerk, but the majority are by far. This movie exploits that. We as Americans tear down those who are weak. Don't believe me. Exactly what is that first two and half weeks of American Idol, X Factor, (insert stupid singing show you watch here). It's us as viewers saying "look at that idiot on TV, I'm better than them." Since when are any of us better than anyone else. Sure this movie starts off Super dark. Shooting a baby. It's not real people, he was dreaming, because his neighbors were to strung out on drugs to take care of their baby and it had been crying for hours. That's America. Drug  users living the dream because we pay for their rent, car, insurance, food, gas, cell phones, then after paying for all of those things for them we give them pay checks for sitting on their rear end. What exactly do they use that money on. $100.00 Football Jerseys, $300.00 Nike shoes. Xbox 360 games Ps3 games. I went to this guys house one day. The Dude does not work. At all. Not a Day in his life. Across from his Leather couch. 56 inch Flat Screen. TWO xbox 360's A Ps3 and a Rack full of games. He says to me. "hey man which console do you play Call of Duty on. I have it for both Playstation and XboX so I can level up on both systems." ARE YOU KIDDING ME. The same guy just bought our lunch with food stamps. Which by the way was fresh vegetables for a Salad that he made. I'm just saying America is stupid. That guy is just as capable of working as I am. So why did this movie make me feel bad. Because I highly sympathized with the main character. He snaps. He steals his neighbors 60,000 dollar car. Goes on a Killing Rampage. First Victim A chick from the TV show Sweet 16. You know the Show. Where 16 year old girls Throw temper tantrums because their dad got them a blue car instead of a White one. He then goes to see a movie. The kids on their phone, chatting, being assholes after he politely asks them to quit talking. He shot them all. Anyone who is mean, lies, deceives. He kills them. He was joined by a young girl probably about 17. However, when she comes on to him, he gives her the proper HELL NO. why? He is a decent person. Tara Lynne Barr plays the girl and she is fantastic, super enthusiastic about giving people exactly what they deserve.  If you hate Americans. You will like this movie. I hate Americans. A LOT. especially those Pieces of crap who walk in the middle of the road down from my house that give you a crappy look because they actually have to move out of the road so that you can pass in your car. It's not like they have any responsibility. They just tie their baby up to the porch and feed it out of the dog bowl. This is our American Voters. They voted in a president that had the same person sing at his inauguration as the Flipping Super Bowl. Yeah. Obama Phones for all. When he needs money again he will just increase our debt more like he did last time. I hate America and its Idiots that treat it's Elections like American Idol. Next Presidential race, I bet we can Text in our Votes. I am ashamed that the people around me make me want to poor gasoline on their house while they are asleep, around 1 P.M., and set that mug on Fire and laugh as it's twinkling flames flicker in the Mid afternoon Sun. 4.9 out of 5.

(60) Hunger Games (2012)
After spilling my guts on how much I hate popular America, I hypercritically watch Hunger Games. At least I am willing to admit that I not only know it was a book, before a movie, but I read the book. My wife had this amazing book club, and this was one of the books they read. Upon her telling me about the book, I decided that I wanted to read it. Then we found out the movie was coming out. I finished the book before watching the movie. I liked both. Anne didn't like the book and refused to watch the movie. I really like it. I think it's fun. Very 1984, but still lots of fun. I like the premise, story arc and I can't wait to bother to read the second book. Maybe soon. Jennifer Lawrence is growing on me. I loved the setting, it was very well done. They touched on all the important parts of the book in the movie and still made it work. If you want a straight forward action flick, with a great heroin. Look no further. 4.3 out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment